Friday, July 6, 2012

Life at the Museum

Hey guys,

So instead of boring you all with many a long paragraph about how much we love our job at the UM Museum (really, we do!), Irene and I decided to walk you guys through our lives here at the museum through pictures!  Are you ready? (Hotty Toddy.......... just kidding.)

Most of our time here revolves around the summer art camps that the Museum holds:


Besides teaching (above, Irene is about to teach the class the newest project), we like to have a little fun too:


While Irene is helping more directly with the camps, I get to be the paparazzi - a.k.a., I'm always the one with the camera - and make themed snacks!


Other than the camps, we also work with some daycare camps such as Willie Price and ABC Learning and also with the Museum's Traveling Trunks program, through which we bring a trunk full of art supplies to a non-profit or a school for a project that we will teach to the kids there.  Here we are at E.D.U.C.A.T.E. in Como, MS:


Occasionally our lives tangent away from kids for a moment and we get to help with things like the Art Crawl and putting up the Museum's newest exhibition.  Recently, Irene and I were put to work at Rowan Oak raking and picking up sticks on the grounds in order to ready for the Faulkner Conference.  It was hard work!



(If you can't tell, we LOVE our job!)

We hope you guys have enjoyed walking - and working! - in our shoes for a day!  We are busy pretty much nonstop, but it's been a rewarding experience thus far and we are both looking forward to our last month here.  On a more serious note, my experience here personally as a non-art major has definitely put me in the art world in a way I never have been before and has made me consider moving forward in the museum field after this summer ends. I have a new appreciation for the work that goes into making this machine work, and I have loved being a part of it.

Best,
Audrey (and Irene)

No comments:

Post a Comment